California Consulting announces the Caltrans: Active Transportation Program (ATP) Grant Statewide Cycle 4 deadline is July 31st.
Caltrans: Active Transportation Program (ATP) Grant Statewide Cycle 4
Deadline: July 2018
Amount (based on the previous cycle): Minimum funding request is $250,000 (Non-infrastructure projects, Safe Routes to Schools projects, Recreational Trails projects, and Planning projects are exempt from this and may apply for smaller amounts).
Match: None required
Eligibility: cities, counties, county transportation commissions, regional transportation planning agencies, MPOs, school districts, and transit districts
The Active Transportation Program was created to encourage increased use of active modes of transportation, such as biking and walking. Funding from the Active Transportation Program may be used to fund the development of community-wide bike, pedestrian, safe routes to schools, or active transportation plans in predominantly disadvantaged communities. The goals of the Active Transportation Program are to:
- Increase the proportion of trips accomplished by biking and walking or Increase the safety and mobility of non-motorized users.
- Advance the active transportation efforts of regional agencies to achieve greenhouse gas reduction
- Enhance public health, including reduction of childhood obesity using programs including, but not limited to, projects eligible for Safe Routes to School Program funding.
- Ensure that disadvantaged communities fully share in the benefits of the program.
- Provide a broad spectrum of projects to benefit many types of active transportation users.
If you or your entity would like California Consulting to write this application, please contact our Southern California office at (323)728-9002.