US Soccer Foundation: 2016 Safe Places to Play Grant
Deadline: 2016 Spring Grant Cycle
- LOIs due by January 29, 2016
- Application deadline – February 5, 2016
Amount: $4,000 – $50,000 or a percentage of total project amount in form of vendor credit
Match: None required officially; applicants will have to contribute additional funds not covered by the grant award
Eligibility: Tax-exempt organizations including: 501(c)(3) nonprofits, churches, individual schools or school districts, cities or municipalities.
Safe Places to Play grants are available in four categories: Synthetic Turf, Lighting, Irrigation, and Sport Court. Multi-sport field projects are eligible for funding, but such fields must be used a majority of the time for soccer. Multi-field projects are also eligible. All Safe Places to Play grants (except for Irrigation) can be awarded for either indoor or outdoor field projects. Grants are disbursed as in-kind credit with their respective vendor:
- Synthetic Turf Grant Amount: up to 10% of the Hellas project quote.
- Lighting Grant Amount: Typically in the range of 15%-30% of project total, with a maximum of $25,000 per grant for single fields and $50,000 for multi-field projects.
- Irrigation Grant Amount: Typically in the range of $4,000 – $15,000, with a maximum of $15,000 per grant.
- Sport Court Grant Amount: Typically in the range of 15% – 50% of project total, with a maximum of $30,000 per grant.
No cash is disbursed as part of this grant. Grantees must use the specific vendor as the supplier for their field project. Applicants are required to submit an LOI describing basics of the project prior to being approved to submit a full application for funding.