California Consulting LLC is pleased to announce the International Paper Foundation: Environmental Education & Literacy Grant. Get started today to meet the February 1st deadline!
International Paper Foundation: Environmental Education & Literacy Grants
Deadline: Quarterly on February 1, April 1, August 1, and October 1, annually
Amount: $100 – $100,000
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations, government entities, and school districts
The foundation’s primary focus areas include the following:
- Environmental Education: The Foundation supports programs that help both younger and older generations understand a sustainable approach balancing environmental, social, and economic needs. Examples of supported programs include:
- science-based programs targeting children;
- outdoor classrooms at schools or in communities;
- outdoor science programs tied to forestry, air, or water; and,
- education-based programs that promote recycling, tree planting, and composting initiatives.
- Literacy: The Foundation addresses literacy through support of programs that:
- enhance availability of reading materials at school and community libraries;
- enhance reading skills of children and adults; and,
- teach English as a Second Language (ESL).
The Foundation provides limited consideration for funding to new critical needs in company communities. Consideration is given to one-time, non-recurring needs which benefit the community at large. The Foundation considers providing “seed” money on a one-time basis for requests that identify a community-wide need and provide details of sustaining the initiative within the community beyond International Paper funding. The Foundation generally does not fund capital, economic development, or multi-year projects. Average grant awards are around $100.